Sunday, April 19, 2015

Cymbidium orchids - new flowering season

Cymbidium orchid "Lucy"
Cymbidium orchid "Orange Gem"
Now that our hot weather well and truly over, some of my earlier cymbidium orchids started their blooming season. Interesting, the first one's to flower were these two purchased by me couple of years ago as small unflowered seedlings with hope of seeing something unusual in color or structure of the blooms. They have spent all this time at the back bench growing and maturing and this is their first flowering season.

Until they flower, one does not know exactly if the seedlings will mature into beautiful orchids and I always hope that I will see special blooms, adding to my ever increasing collection. These two did not disappoint - love the vivid colors, the masses of flowers, the structure of the lip. the plants robust heath - great addition to my cymbidium clan.

4 comments:

  1. All I can say is "Wow." Superb work on growing and flowering these. I started with Cymbidiums years ago, so they have a special place in my heart, even though I have neither the room nor the climate to grow them here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those are beautiful intense colors. But cymbidiums are not for our very hot climate, nor the Phals. Vanda teretes and denrobiums are what thrive in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for checking out these beautiful cymbidiums, they are quite early ones and I am looking forward to our cymbidium season

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, these are stunning! I just love the colors. I can only imagine what your place must look like with all of the orchids in bloom.

    Enjoy and Happy Mother's Day ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete