Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cymbidium orchid Cymbiflor Montage x Valley Zenith Discus

These days cymbidium orchids are the result of complex hybrids and produced and crossed to show unusual markings or larger flowers and this cymbidium have complex parentage. It's a cross of Cymbifor "Montage" x Valley Zenith "Discus" and it's currently in flower.

The blooms are very large, even for cymbidium, with many round petals, it have white extended lip with pale pink to dark burgundy colors and the effect is very nice, unusual blooms. While green color flowered orchids usually not as popular as other "traditional" colors, this one seems to work so well, it even have slight scent, very crisp and fresh.

I got seedlings of this plant couple of years ago and been looking forward seeing it in flower and this season it flowered first time for me. It would probably need another couple of seasons for the plant fully mature and reveal more of it's beauty and I am very happy with another beautiful cymbidium for my collection.

12 comments:

  1. I love the colors of this orchid! It may be my favorite among all the ones you have featured, because it is different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Os Cymbidiuns são lindos, não consigo cultiv-alos, já perdi muitasd mudas e acabei desistindo deles.
    abraços

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another very beautiful Cymbidium and a nice photo.Here we are waiting, with anxiety, the Cymbidium seasan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful orchid. You have charming helpers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all very much for checking out my blog and for your kind comments, allowing me to introduce to you this beauty. As the plant matures, I am hopping to see more of these stunning blooms in future seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice clear green color and very well grown and flowered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Klara, do you breed orchids yourself? I love green and blue colors and with scent is even more alluring.

    Thank you so much for being concerned with my condition now. Yes I actually take ginger tea here done from the fresh ginger roots and not from the dry powder. Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely collection you have Klara, orchids are beautiful although i have never kept any myself. I just like looking at them and sometimes i might buy some from the florist. Thanks for visiting my blog, see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is another beautiful orchid. I love the dark red of its lip against its paler color. A couple of years, wow, you've been very patient.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for posting as now I have identified my orchid. My blooms are not as close together as yours. Is that because of lack of moisture? I keep the orchid in front of a south facing window where the room temperature is about 58 degrees F in the winter. It bloomed in January. I water it once a week. I was delighted with this 8 flower bloom as I am new to orchids and the plant did not bloom for a year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful Cymbidium. YOu certainly grow these well.

    ReplyDelete