Friday, January 2, 2015

My flowering phalaenopsis orchids today

Some of my phalaenopsis orchids are flowering at the moment. They always bring a lot of color at the time when most of my orchids are resting - right in the middle of our summer. The flowering period is long and there is plenty of time to enjoy their fabulous blooms.

I found that there is a bit of confusion especially for beginners on how to grow and to maintain these orchids, volumes of information abound everywhere and most of it complicated. The result is for many they became throw-away plants, quickly replaced by the new one's with same outcome. Right now I have a few plants in my "intensive care orchid unit" given to me for revival
 that are doing nicely, recovering with great speed.

In the near future I'll do a post and will share my own techniques for growing these fabulous plants and in the mean time here are the pictures of my flowering phalaenopsis


10 comments:

  1. Oh what beauties. You are inspiring me to purchase another orchid for our patio, this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful Phalaenopsis, with plenty of colours. Thanks for showing us such marvelous orchids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great collection and so very well grown and flowered! Love the patterns on the flowers of that second plant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I want to wish you a very happy and healthy 2015. Your phaelanopsis are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy and Healthy New Year to all and thank you for visiting my phal's

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a mere happy go lucky orchid grower. Admire yours and enjoy mine, the easy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your orchids are stunning, Klaara. I am afraid to grow them, but admire yours immensely. Wishing you a happy 2015. P. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Klara, it's a pleasure to see your plants when it's so grey outside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful collection. Lovely photos, too.

    ReplyDelete