Monday, May 15, 2017

Odm. Yellow Tiger

One of my odontoglossum orchid currently in bloom - odm. Yellow Tiger is complicated hybrid of close related genera and it flowers with these beautiful, relaxed blooms. The color is deep yellow with nice bright red markings  and it have wonderful herbal/spicy scent that lingers around for a long time.

Like many other odm. orchids Yellow Tiger is a bit temperamental - many specific conditions have to be met before it graces me with it’s flowers. Moisture, humidity, light, temperature, gentle breeze - all of these have to be just right for it to flower and now and then it will reward me with it’s beautiful blooms. Many moons ago I figured out that some orchids have “an attitude” and Yellow Tiger constantly teaching me patience.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Klara,
    How beautiful it must be that this beautiful Orchid is bringing you her lovely flowers.
    I wish I could smell it's parfume. She rewarded you for your patience.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Marijke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit to my blog and for checking out this Yellow Tiger orchid

      Delete
  2. Very beautifull. I like all yelow orchids, contasting withe red spots.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, I am glad you like this orchid and I am happy I was able to take a picture since it flowers when it feels like. Thank you for the visit

      Delete