Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cymbidium Orchid -Kakadu Sunset Firegold


Here is another Cymbidium orchid currently in flower from my collection. It's name - Kakadu Sunset var Firegold. It's been created by one of the well known Australian orchid breeders and the plant really lives up to it's name.

The flowers are huge of beautiful lemon color with distinct red colored lines running through the petals and the middle of the flower displaying bright red velvety lip - very pleasing to the eye combination of colors.

The plant is quite strong with many flower spikes and while each flower spike have only 3 or 4 flowers, they are quite spectacular in appearance, real showbench quality. One can actually see the creator's thoughts in this beautiful Firegold.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Klara! You always show such beautiful blooms! I like them all, but somehow I'm afraid to grow them. I had a couple and they died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have you back making another post...I've missed seeing the orchids this last month!! And your little one too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a beautiful Cymbidium. Yes, I can see what you meant about seeing its creator's thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your Cymbidium orchids so beautiful. I need it.
    in my garden not it.
    in my blog( http://www.tjorchid.com/ )no Cymbidium photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful and very informative blog here. I admire orchids, but I must confess as I specialize in killing houseplants I'd likely be terrible with these beauties. Congratulations on your Blotanical nomination and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your kind comments and for sharing your thoughts about these beautiful plants

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful Cymbidium...

    Discussing about flowers orchids
    http://flowersorchids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete