Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Phaelenopsis orchid - finally bloomed

While majority of my orchids are resting during our hot and humid summer this phaelenopsis orchid blooming with all of it's profusion.

Some years ago I got this small "experimental" seedling just to see if I can bring it to flower. It have spent number of years on the back bench and I've been patiently waiting for it finally mature.  I have no idea what was crossed with what, but I think it's actually turned out quite a nice orchid.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Klara, that is a very beautiful one, orchids no matter what are beautiful. They are my first love, but it is very difficult to maintain for someone like me who is a gardener in-absentia. Thanks for wishing me well. I haven't been home for 3 weeks now, i a sorry for the state of my hoyas now, so sorry about them. I am a little bit better but not in the full condition as is supposed to be. Thanks.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a beauty! I love the color.

Ron said...

That is impressive color. Beautifully bloomed and a "keeper" for sure.

klaraau01 said...

Thank you all for checking out this beautiful phal and for your kind comments

Ron said...

Thanks for your visit and comments, Klara

Bernie H said...

It is simply gorgeous. Well worth the wait!